Saturday, September 26, 2009

Fairview Regular route with the Kid

Back in 2009 I climbed the Regular Route on Fairview dome with my then, 23 yr old son Kirk. I managed to dredge up the original write up.

Kirk is my 23 y/o son and not generally a climber, so I was surprised when he asked me to take him up something a little more challenging. And long. The regular route Fairview sprang to mind.
So off to work I went for the week wondering if he would still want to go when I got back. Apparently so. We met up in Lee Vining wed night in preparation for the next days climb. We got a fairly early start and beat another party by a few minutes. As I watched him climb I was surprised again and proud to watch him float P1 and then cruise the rest of the route with ease.







Passing the roof on P2

Arrival at Crescent ledge
Arriving at the end of the difficulties @ P6 and still smiling

And finally just below the summit
Happy on the summit

"My feet hurt, and I'm hungry, and the sun is in my eyes" (sniff)

No comments:

Post a Comment